tips after ceasarian section
This said, because diabetes is a metabolic disorder and is associated with the control of glucose within the bloodstream, diabetics do need to pay particular attention to their diet and ensure that they are receiving a balanced diet.
1. Include a good range of both fruit and vegetables and try to avoid sticking to your two or three favorites. The color test is a good one to apply .Try to ensure that the range of fruit and vegetables that you are eating spans the colors of the rainbow. So, include a oranges, bananas, apples, carrots, red cabbage and beans. Also, include vegetables that are low in starch like spinach.
2. Eat whole grain rather than processed food and choose things like brown rather than white rice and whole wheat spaghetti.
3. Include fish in your diabetes diet at least twice a week. Fish is an excellent source of protein and also contains a number of essential oils. For preference, boil, steam, bake or grill fish but try to avoid frying fish and, especially, frying fish in batter.
4. Choose lean cuts of meat and roast, grill, bake, braise or stew meat rather than fry it. A good tip when buying meat is to choose cuts that include the word "loin" such as pork loin or sirloin. When cooking poultry and wildfowl you should remove the skin before serving and should avoid particularly fatty meats such as duck.
5. Select non-fat dairy products such as skimmed milk and non-fat cheese and yogurt. Although these products are a very healthy option many people find that they simply lack any real taste and, for many, this is a difficult option. If this is the case then meet the problem half way by choosing low-fat rather than non-fat products and compensate for this by using them sparingly in your diabetes diet.
6. Avoid high calorie sweetened drinks, particularly those that are carbonated, and try to drink more water and natural fruit juices. Also be careful not to consume too much tea or coffee and add only as much sugar as in necessary for taste. You''ll be surprised just how easy it is to cut out sugar entirely from things like tea and coffee if you try and you''ll end up enjoying both just as much as you did previously